MIRIS is registered in England with its registered office at 23 Goodlass Road, Liverpool Business Centre, Liverpool, L24 9HJ and a website www.miris-int.com.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use the information we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and the Privacy of Electronic Communication Regulations 2003.
Lawfulness, Fairness and Transparency
We collect information from details you supply to us through the interactive section on the website and from email messages you may send to us in connection with the business services we offer. Information will be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes, and processed in a way that is compatible with those purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary to carry out the purposes;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- kept secure and protected against unauthorised / unlawful processing and against loss or damage; and
- processed in accordance with the data subjects’ rights.
Use of Personal Information
MIRIS International is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
How we collect your personal data
We may collect personal information about you (or your business) from the following sources:
- When you apply for employment
- When you contact us by email or visit our website
- When you talk to us on the phone
- When you are registered by your employer as a user of one of our products or services
- When you register as a user of one of our products or services
- When you share your location data with us using one of our service
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to job applications or business enquiries.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send emails about new services, opportunities or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will never collect additional information about you without informing you of this beforehand.
We do not collect any sensitive personal data as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation or Data Protection Act.
The data we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies, we will delete or correct it promptly. If you do not wish to receive information on an on-going basis about our services or activities, please email email@example.com with the subject heading: ‘Unsubscribe’.
We keep information for as long as we need for the purposes which it was collected. This will vary depending on the type of information. Information collected via our website will be held for six months before it is deleted.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We collect the following information:
- Where you make an enquiry or send us an email message, we will collect your name, company and contact details, including telephone and email address.
- We also collect information automatically about your visit to our site. The information obtained in this way, which includes demographic data and browsing patterns, is only used in aggregate form, and as such cannot be used to identify you personally. Such aggregate information helps us to audit usage of our website and improve the service provided. Information collected via our website will be held for one year before it is deleted.
- We use software tools to analyse traffic to this web site. We collect only aggregate data, which cannot be used to identify you and does not create individual profiles for visitors.
Data Storage and Security
The personal information that we hold will be held securely to maintain its confidentiality, integrity and availability in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. We only store data within the European Economic Area (EEA).
We will not share your information with any third party, either in the EEA or outside this area. We shall only disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to, or emailing us at, firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your express permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to the Data Compliance Officer at MIRIS at the above email address.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at email@example.com We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you would like further information on your rights or wish to exercise them, please write to us at MIRIS International Limited, 23 Goodlass Road, Liverpool Business Centre, Liverpool, L24 9HJ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org You will be asked to provide the following:
- The personal information you want to access.
- Where it is likely to be held or how it came to be connected to MIRIS.
- The date range of the information you wish to access.
We will also need you to provide information that will help us confirm your identity. If we hold personal information about you, we will give you a copy of the information in an understandable format together with an explanation of why we hold and use it.
Once we have all the information necessary to respond to your request we’ll provide your information to you within one month. This timeframe may be extended by up to two months if your request is particularly complex.
MIRIS International may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If you have any questions or comments about your privacy and this policy, you should contact us at MIRIS International Limited, 23 Goodlass Road, Liverpool Business Centre, Liverpool, L24 9HJ. You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you have any questions about Data Protection. You can contact their help line 0303 123 113 or at www.ico.org.uk